We know you are having trouble finding hand sanitizers in stock and alcohol wipes in stock because of COVID-19. Your search is over with Health Supply World! We keep a large inventory of hand sanitizers in stock to keep you safe on the go. There’s alcohol wipes in stock to make clean up and disinfecting easier on the go for you and your children. Find the disinfecting wipes you need, too!
So with the coronavirus comes the long debated hand sanitizer vs disinfecting wipes argument. Some people swear by hand sanitizer and others think disinfecting wipes are better killing germs.
As your Los Angeles PPE wholesaler, we will analyze the hand sanitizer vs disinfecting wipes debate to see how they are both effective in their own right to kill bacteria and viruses.
You can take advantage of our hand sanitizers in stock along the way as you read, too.
The Hand Sanitizer’s Side of the Hand Sanitizer vs Disinfecting Wipes Debate
Hand sanitizer contains isopropyl alcohol that aids in killing the germs and viruses that accumulate on your hands.
This product comes in a variety of percentage concentrations. The CDC recommends to using a minimum of 60% isopropyl alcohol hand sanitizer to effectively remove most of the germs off of your hands while you are on the go. Using a 90%-95% concentration will kill the germs as well and not just remove them.
Higher percentage alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) are recommended for use in the healthcare industry for nurses and doctors to sanitize their hands in between caring for patients. Hospital rooms and doctor’s offices usually keep 1000 ml hand sanitizer bottles at every sink area to sanitize in between different tasks.
Hand sanitizers are more effective in killing germs and viruses than antibacterial hand soap according to Harvard Health. However, hand sanitizer cannot remove dirt and grease as well as antibacterial soap can do so. Hence, you can use both methods for the most effective germ removal.
Your Los Angeles PPE Wholesaler Has Hand Sanitizer in Stock!
We know it’s difficult to find 1000 ml hand sanitizers in stock at your local mass retailer or convenience store. While Los Angeles PPE wholesaler has 500 ml hand sanitizers in stock, we are working on getting 1000 ml hand sanitizer on our website, too.
We Have Alcohol Wipes in Stock, Too!
Even alcohol wipes in stock at a store are hard to come by. Check out Healthy Supply World’s 75% alcohol wipes in stockso you can get the protection you need while on the go.
Tips for Storing Hand Sanitizer and Alcohol Wipes
Follow these tips for storing hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes.
- Stock your home with at least 2-3 bottles of 1000 ml hand sanitizer bottles.
- Keep a travel bottle of hand sanitizer or pack of alcohol wipes in your purse or car.
- If you store hand sanitizer in your car, be sure it does not exceed 104 degrees outside.
- Hand sanitizer is best stored at 59 degrees to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Be sure the hand sanitizer or alcohol wipes pack is tightly closed and sealed so it does not lose its antibacterial effectiveness.
Tips for Using Hand Sanitizer and Alcohol Wipes
Tips of using hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes while on the go include:
- Treating your hands before you go inside a business. Put sanitizer on after you exit the business before you go inside your car.
- Once you are home from your errands, wash your hands and wipe down your steering wheel, car handles, etcetera after you have settled at home.
- Use hand sanitizer after you have seen an ill relative or friend. Wash your hands as soon as you can.
- If there is no soap in the public bathroom, use the hand sanitizer or alcohol wipes that are in your pocket or purse. Wash your hands as soon as possible.
- Keep a 1000 ml hand sanitizer at the entry way of your door to sanitize your hands before you do anything else.
If you cannot find 1000 ml hand sanitizer bottles at your local store, consider ordering from Health Supply World.
The Disinfecting Wipes Side of Hand Sanitizer vs Disinfecting Wipes Debate
Standard disinfecting wipes contain isopropyl alcohol and different types of chlorides that kill the germs and viruses. Find more information on the ingredients of general disinfecting wipes by visiting the Environmental Working Group website.
The link supplied shows the general ingredients in Clorox orange disinfecting wipes. You can search your favorite disinfecting wipes brand to find the specific ingredients used to make the product.
Different disinfecting products take a certain range of time to kill viruses. You can find this information by reading the fine print on a disinfecting wipes canister or disinfecting spray bottle.
For example, some disinfectants take 5-10 minutes average to completely kill germs and viruses on the surfaces you just wiped down. This is why you should not wipe the treated surfaces dry with a paper towel. Let the disinfectant solution air dry for the most effective germ and virus removal.
To battle COVID-19 and other germs and viruses, purchase disinfecting wipes that kills 99.9% of cold, flu, and viruses. You can find this detail stated on the front of the wipes canister.
If you cannot find disinfecting wipes, look for spray cleaners that also say it kills 99.9% of germs. You can spray it into a paper towel and wipe down your kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom surfaces to ensure your family’s safety.
Are you looking for disinfecting wipes in stock? Your Los Angeles PPE wholesaler has disinfecting wipes in stock! Check out our 99% disinfecting wipes that’s effective for killing germs and viruses on your hands and home surfaces.
Tips for Storing Disinfecting Wipes
Store your disinfecting wipes by following these couple tips.
- Keep a canister of disinfecting wipes or a bottle of disinfecting spray at your entry way to disinfect keys, bags, and other possessions before you even get fully into the house.
- Keep another canister or spray bottle with your cleaning supplies when it’s time to clean your kitchen and bathroom.
Tips for Using Disinfecting Wipes
Use disinfecting wipes or spray when:
- You have to wipe down a shopping cart on a grocery trip.
- It’s time to clean your kitchen and bathroom to kill germs and viruses.
- There might be a blood related accident in your home to remove any blood borne pathogens. Be sure you are wearing rubber gloves when cleaning up blood.
- Your phone hasn’t been disinfected in a while. Disinfect your phone every 2-3 days to minimize exposure to bacteria and viruses.
So Who’s the Winner of the Hand Sanitizer vs Disinfecting Wipes Debate?
And the winner is: well, there’s no clear winner. Using them in supplementation with each other is best for minimizing viral exposure.
Wash, Wash, Wash!
Don’t forget that using hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes does not substitute the importance of washing your hands. Hand washing is better at removing germs while hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes does a better job of killing the germs.
When it comes to hygiene, use all your resources. Sanitize your hands throughout the day and then wash them with soap and water after the usual activities that require hand cleansing.
We Are Your Destination for PPE
Contact your local Los Angeles PPE wholesaler for more information on the health products we offer. Our mission is to keep your family safe and healthy!